Are you a Registered Nurse returning to school to further your education? Are you currently a member of AORN of San Diego County and held a continual membership for one year prior to the application deadline? If you qualify, we have scholarship money for you! AORN generously awards scholarships up to $1,000/year.
All applicants must submit the following documents:
- Academic Scholarship Application.
- Proof of acceptance or enrollment in a nationally accredited program.
- Two letters of endorsement on proper letterhead, typed, dated, and signed. Letters should address (if applicable) scholarly achievements, leadership potential, ability to work with others, communication skills, and cilincal competence.
- Two page essay, typed, double-spaced, describing any past or current contributions to the perioperative arena in terms of practice, education, and/or research. Please include all past or current participation with the AORN of San Diego County Chapter.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae. Please include education, professional experience, professional organizations, and community involvement.
All required documents must be postmarked no later than June 1. Any document postmarked after June 1 will not be accepted.
All scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and be in good academic standing. Transcripts must be submitted within 30 days of completion of a course or end of the semester.
For reimbursement purposes, AORN of San Diego County will need proof of expenses in the form of receipts. Scholarship funds are granted for a one-year period starting with the summer term and ending with the spring term of each year. Reapplication will be required annually.
Scholarships will be awarded at the June Chapter Meeting. All Scholarship Committee decisions are final. Good luck!
Please submit all scholarship questions to the Scholarship Committee Chair.